Monday, October 24, 2011

before & after

I really wanted to compare a picture of me before and after my surgery.  Obviously the lighting is different and one picture is closer than the other, but I am SO happy with the difference.  I've always hated my extra gummy smile, so I'm glad that is finally fixed!  After I got my first set of braces off (eighth grade), my orthodontist recommended I have gum removal surgery.  Following her advice, I had the surgery, but it clearly didn't help too much; however, my gummy smile is finally gone! Thank goodness!!  Now I can't wait to get my splint off to see what it looks like to have teeth that touch!  I know I've still got a long way to go, but I know I'm headed in the right direction!
   
Posted by Picasa

My mom asked me today if I knew what I knew now, would I go through the surgery again.  I thought about it and didn't have a definite yes or no answer.  After looking at my before and after pictures, I can confidently say YES!  I have been so self conscious about my mouth for years.  Hopefully after all is said and done, I will no longer have any complaints!!

No comments:

Post a Comment