Thursday, October 27, 2011

FOUR weeks

days TWENTY SIX - TWENTY SEVEN - TWENTY EIGHT.  I know I say the same thing in every post, but I really can't believe that it's been four whole weeks since my surgery.  I've already been back to work one week, and I can't believe that either!  I still sound silly when I say certain words, but I'm pretty used to talking with my splint in my mouth.  To my surprise, I haven't had too many people ask me about my surgery.  That is okay with me; I don't like telling my story a million times!  I am (still) pretty disappointed that my splint was supposed to come off in 5 short days, but because of scheduling issues, I have to wait 12 
l o n g  days.  I'm still numb on the right side of my face, mainly my lips and right above my lips.  I have noticed that more people have been asking me lately when my swelling will go down.  I don't think it really looks like I'm swollen in my pictures, but I still am.  I feel like I look like a monkey.  I seriously cannot wait until the swelling goes down.  I've noticed that my sunglasses fit completely different on my cheeks now.  They sit a lot lower on my face and actually leave indentations on my cheeks.  When looking at pictures, I can tell that my cheeks look smaller, but I don't know if that's just an effect of swelling or if its a permanent change?  The red spots are still on my face and not fading at all.  I haven't asked my doctor about them, but I will be doing that at my next appointment.  I've been putting vitamin E oil on them, but I still can't tell a difference.

So without further adieu, here are my pictures for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday...

Tuesday, October 25 -


Wednesday, October 26 -


I didn't wear my rubber bands to work on Wednesday, and by the time my shift was over, my jaw really hurt.  It felt like I kind of had to force my teeth to bite together, and when I did that, it hurt.  Strange.  But I've had my rubber bands on since then, and it doesn't hurt anymore!

Thursday, October 27 -

And lastly, since I do write a little bit about other stuff going on, I wanted to post a picture of the cookie cake I bought my technicians.  Tuesday was Pharmacy Tech Day, so I got a cookie cake and gave each of my techs a gift certificate.  Just a small little something to show that I appreciate them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment